Connect with us

Other

‘This is not a gay disease’: WHO expert weighs in on monkeypox stigma | USA TODAY

Published

on

Five Americans are likely infected with monkeypox, according to the CDC, warning that people might first mistake the infection for an STD.
RELATED: Here’s why we shouldn’t be too concerned about monkeypox https://youtu.be/9pWP4WJl6hQ

Scientists have recorded more than 250 confirmed or suspected monkeypox cases, mainly in Europe, and are trying to determine if and how the cases might be connected.

For decades, monkeypox has been seen in parts of Central and West Africa, believed to jump occasionally from animals, probably rodents, into people. Typically, several travelers a year arrive in the U.S. and Europe infected with the virus, but such a large chain of person-to-person transmission has never been seen before.

» Subscribe to USA TODAY: http://bit.ly/1xa3XAh
» Watch more on this and other topics from USA TODAY: https://bit.ly/3Gj7t7i
» USA TODAY delivers current local and national news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, videos and VR.

The content discusses the benefits of yoga for mental health, emphasizing its ability to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. Practicing yoga can help regulate emotions, increase mindfulness, and improve overall well-being. The physical poses, breathing techniques, and meditation involved in yoga can have a positive impact on mental health by promoting relaxation and releasing tension. Research has shown that individuals who practice yoga regularly experience a decrease in symptoms of various mental health conditions. Overall, incorporating yoga into a daily routine can be a beneficial and natural way to support mental wellness.

source

Continue Reading
48 Comments

48 Comments

1. @Thunderchild-gz4gc

Yes. It. Is.

2. @Mr-pn2eh

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Aids is the gay disease.

3. @holeefuk8838

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Okay but is ga* a disease tho😂

4. @violeteyes5255

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

In other words, Monkey In The Butt Disease.

5. @robertwise2476

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Of course it is not just for gays but that lifestyle incredibly helps your chances of getting it. In the rush to don’t say gay we make the sickness worse. Democrats are offended because of the truth.

6. @veemon9280

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Its simple to stop MonkeyPox. Promote healthy safe sexual practises !!

Why is it considered homophobic to say that attending orgies or being otherwise promiscuous is a bad thing ??

Why is this even controversial ?

What's next are we gonna say talking about obesity and diabetes is offensive ?

7. @livebig9231

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

LGBT=Monkeypox. Stay away .

8. @professorfoxtrot

Well this has aged well
    "Men who have sex with men" 99%

9. @Fido-vm9zi

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

What people do in Vegas-doesn't stay in Vegas-quite the opposite. Previous behavior which they think is now invisible instead became real & physical, took form & spread.

10. @caligula.8744

98% of cases are homosexual men but not a Gay disease ? Tell us more ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

11. @Occupied_South

Actually, yes it is

12. @donblosser8720

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Whenever you hear the words "WHO expert" you need to remember Peter Daszak, Dr. Death Fauci's bagman who delivered American taxpayer funds to the Communist run Wuhan Institute of Virology, and was later on the WHO team that visited the Wuhan lab, supposedly investigating Covid-19 origins, and said in effect, "Nothing to see here, just move along." A total coverup!
    This is another WHO "ignore the obvious" campaign. Scientism has long been a kind of religious idolatry with the white robed high priests of science pontificating on matters outside their purview. Science is now becoming the handmaid of politics. In bed with global leftists who want to pervert traditional values.

13. @lara8326

Butt pirates pox

14. @cardesigner

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Who would have thought sodomy would lead to something like this?!

15. @AndyBestLuck

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

🤔 Is it that gay men are spreading it among themselves but it’s bi men who are spreading to others?

16. @camban

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Splitting hairs instead of splitting the whiskers.

17. @denizonan4588

Yes it is!

18. @Scifi4life

Denial

19. @Bob-zd4od

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

I have found the cure for monkey pox, please stop inserting your penis into other peoples rectums, turns out it’s very unsanitary, would could’ve figured on that?

20. @Kirk-eu6xc

I….don’t believe you.

21. @MissionaryInMexico

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

95% of those infected are gay men. The others who get it had contact with infected gay males. And that, my friends, is the bare ass f*cking truth.

22. @Lot_2023

Neither is AIDS. 🤣

23. @markjou9799

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Gays are just too sexually active. I know this because im bi and when im on those gay dating apps I get soo many messages from gays wanting to hook up. Most of the guys I get are between 18-21. I dont know why they would want an old guy like me. I mean I am twice their age.

24. @properjob2311

statistics says otherwise.

25. @Giopowered

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Hmm gay person saying its not a gay disease… totally creditable😂

26. @jeremylakenes6859

Pride Parades = super spreader events

27. @bandersnatch6546

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

So we should vaccinate the straight people right away.

28. @philosphorus

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

And why do the vast majority of pedophiles identify as straight men? Must be something about being a straight man! More likely to be a rapist and a child abuser!

29. @millybrown5664

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Yes it is, you're trying to cover it up but that's exactly what it is. Lol

30. @DW_Kiwi

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

He's right, but bent the facts.The Gay life style "promotes" the diseases. God is not mocked!!

31. @SynWasHereYo

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

"It's not, but the 99% of cases are gay people"

32. @wantsumbread9586

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

But this spreads faster through homosexual activities

33. @proapocalypse1448

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Time to rename pride month to monkeypox month.

34. @JK_JK_JK

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Pridepox: 95% of monkeypox cases have been transmitted through sexual activity, according to the largest study to date published in the New England Journal of Medicine, which also noted new clinical signs such as single genital lesions.
    "Our work suggests that most transmissions so far have been related to sexual activity — mainly, but not exclusively, amongst men who have sex with men."
    Overall, 98% of infected persons were gay or bisexual men, 41 percent had HIV and the median age was 38…

35. @6oLsh0i6o0z3

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Ignoring the massive population health concern just because they don't want to hurt their feelings. Way different approach compared to the cov. Goes to show how disingenuous some of these health officials really is.

36. @Bob-zd4od

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Hmmmm is the rectum a sexual organ or a digestive organ? Well?

37. @uravirginwhocantdrive1400

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

One of my former high school teachers reached out to me via social media and eventually exchanging numbers. It seemed pretty casual at first. Eventually he began telling me… secrets about my classmates and staff. Looking back yes I realized that should have been a red flag. Anyway he eventually began complimenting me on my looks. I hate to admit it but I did find this teacher attractive (he was a male and my sexuality is…. Complicated) and was naive enough to think that maybe he was just friendly and kind. Eventually we began flirting with each other. Eventually the fitting turned to….. dirty talk (talking and texting was all that happened at least from my end). He was engaged to a woman (he claimed he was straight but experimented before) and I began feeling guilty to eventually I told him “maybe we shouldn’t talk to each other like this anymore”. He would then hookup with some guy and tell me about it in details to make me jealous. He would do that everytime I tried pulling away from him. Then when he realized he wasn’t getting his way with me he would try to gaslight me and tried turning it all on me and made me out to be the bad guy. Eventually it became more toxic between me and him and I had to cut all ties with him. To make matters worst he’s been shamelessly having his affairs unprotected. He even wanted to get his way with me unprotected and got mad when I said “only if you show me your test results or if one or both of us is on prep. Later on I found out he did the exact same thing (or worst like actually hooking up) to multiple former classmates of mine (male and female). I would maybe excuse my former teacher if this was one former student he barley knew (like me for example) but trying to hookup with basically 90% of former students that he taught as a teacher some he watched grew up (my school was a special Ed school that had students from elementary to high school); you can’t help but question…. Was he looking at us in ways he shouldn’t have when we were underage. Also to many former students are making the same claim and that screams predatory. People can say “oh you all are adults now” or “it’s not illegal” but just because something is not illegal doesn’t mean it’s okay. Also you don’t have to be a minor to be groomed by someone. I actually wrote a whole letter to his fiancé (my former teacher claims she knows nothing and would never accept it if she found out) and screenshot text messages confirming his infidelity and creepy behavior but haven’t decided to send it……. Not yet at least. One former student who was a former friend of mine backstabbed me and threaten to tell him all I know (to hurt me and at this point it’s not a secret anymore) and my account was hacked where my letter and evidence got deleted… I always copy my receipts though 😁😁😁. It hasn’t even been a year since all this happened 😡😡😡😢😢😢 I know this sounds messed up but with the rate my former teacher is going (shamelessly having affairs unprotected, grooming, and gaslighting)….. I HOPE HE GETS MONKEY POX.

38. @notmyname9072

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

But NYC lobbyists are saying that the the response has been lackluster because Only gay people are the victims. So, either it’s a gay issue or it isn’t. The lobbyists weren’t concerned about anyone else but gay people.

39. @Not_-me

Gaypox

40. @Tripledubsports

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Only follow the science when it’s beneficial to their agenda 😂

41. @Tripledubsports

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Anything to protect the feelings of the LGBT community 😂. Up until 2019 transgenderism was considered a mental disorder. Now in 2022 we just change the way things are worded to protect a certain group. You call a spade a spade.

42. @jimsager3297

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Gays should get it together and keep it zipped. On the other hand, not taking sex advice from Clarence Thomas and chicken hawk shorteyes Catholic priests

43. @gdaqian

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Please remind me, where and how was HIV originated and spread? Not a gay disease neither I guess.

44. @gdaqian

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Like HIV: one doesn’t HAVE to be homosexual to catch it yet vast amount of public health resources have been spent on homosexuals with AIDS.

45. @samivanov5862

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

More like discrimination against heterosexuals, let them take responsibility for it

46. @Payne..

0% chance of me getting it as I'm not a turd thief

47. @Surayahti

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

Lying to the public and calling it a "stigma"…
    CDC Warns LGBTQ Community At Higher Risk To Get Monkeypox

48. @Boricua-tn7ve

March 27, 2024 at 3:11 pm

One month ago- yet today the CDC says otherwise.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Other

Baig: First look at HTC One M8 for Windows Phone

Published

on

Personal Technology columnist Ed Baig gets a look at the new HTC One M8 for Windows Phone in action.

The content discusses the importance of data analytics in improving business performance and decision-making. It highlights how utilizing data can provide valuable insights and help companies gain a competitive advantage. The article emphasizes the need for businesses to invest in data analytics tools and talent to effectively analyze and leverage data for strategic decision-making. It also touches upon the role of data governance in ensuring the accuracy and reliability of data used for analysis. Overall, the content emphasizes the transformative impact of data analytics on businesses and the need for organizations to embrace this technology to stay competitive in the market.

source

Continue Reading

Other

Catch a glimpse of the ‘planet parade’ in the sky #Shorts

Published

on

Skygazers, turn to the sky! Six planets to align in the sky on June 3 and August 28. #planet #solarsystem #astronomy.

The content discusses the benefits of implementing a video marketing strategy for businesses. It highlights how videos can increase engagement, improve brand awareness, and drive sales. The article emphasizes the importance of creating high-quality, relevant content that resonates with the target audience. It also touches on the rise of video consumption online and the potential reach that businesses can achieve through video marketing. Overall, the content stresses the effectiveness of video marketing in today’s digital landscape and encourages businesses to incorporate it into their marketing efforts for optimal results.

source

Continue Reading

Other

Tablet-addicts rejoice! Car makers are evolving too

Published

on

Car makers know that people are using tablets while on the road and are implementing changes to make using the technology …

The content discusses the importance of regular exercise in maintaining overall health and well-being. It highlights the various benefits of exercise, such as improving cardiovascular health, strengthening muscles, and reducing stress. The article emphasizes the need for both aerobic and strength training exercises to achieve optimal results. Additionally, it suggests incorporating flexibility and balance exercises into one’s routine for better overall physical function. The content concludes by stressing the significance of finding an exercise regimen that is enjoyable and sustainable in order to maintain long-term health benefits.

source

Continue Reading

Other

MLB mascot race with a British twist during Mets, Phillies game #shorts

Published

on

Freddy Mercury took the win in British version of the MLB mascot race during the Phillies and Mets series in London.

The content discusses the benefits of intermittent fasting. It mentions how intermittent fasting can help with weight loss by reducing calorie intake and improving metabolism. It also highlights how intermittent fasting can promote autophagy, which is the body’s natural process of breaking down and recycling damaged cells. The content explains different methods of intermittent fasting, such as the 16/8 method and the 5:2 method. It also emphasizes the importance of consulting with a healthcare professional before starting any fasting regimen, especially for individuals with certain health conditions or dietary restrictions. Overall, intermittent fasting is presented as a viable option for improving health and promoting weight loss.

source

Continue Reading

Other

See why couple won’t sell viral ‘Bambi & Thumper’ video

Published

on

Steve and Vicki Johnsen, a couple of volunteers at the YMCA of the Rockies who captured the now viral video of a rabbit and fawn …

The content discusses the key features and updates in the latest smartphone models by various popular brands. It highlights the advancements in camera technology, processor speed, battery life, and design aesthetics. The article also compares the prices and specifications of different phones, helping consumers make an informed decision. Additionally, it mentions upcoming releases and rumored features in the industry. Overall, the content aims to provide an overview of the latest trends and innovations in the smartphone market, assisting readers in staying up-to-date with the latest technology offerings.

source